July 4th and I'm going back to America tomorrow!
I was struggling to decide whether to go back early or stay on, there at the farm, so I made a list with 2 sides. Side one: Reasons to leave. Side two: Reasons to stay. With side one being completely full, with double columns in some places, and side two having 12 reasons (5 of which were: "I said I would stay"), I decided that leaving overpowered staying.
Maybe if things had been different, I would have stayed. I'm sure of it. But at this point, I am ready to be home. And my parents are amazing enough to want me to come home so badly that they go through so much to get me there.
But my last day at the farm wasn't too bad. It didn't rain all day until about 2 hours before I left (I left at 6:30PM). I rode Molly in the woods, spent a lot of time with my friend Edel, her 8-year-old cousin that she's babysitting, and Molly's owner, Sheila. I rode Butterfly about 30 minutes and tried to get her to jump, but seeing as how if she were a human she'd be a DITZY blonde, she was being silly and I gave up on jumping. Other than that I finished packing. Sometimes I have days where the one-hour ride isn't my only joy :).
But now I am in a hostel in Dublin and tomorrow I will be at the airport at 8 AM to try and get on a plane, standby, to America. I hope that you had a great 4th of July. I've missed summer and ALL that comes with it (bar-b-ques, swimming, sun, family, friends, sun, creek, sun, blackberries, fruit, family, etc.). So hopefully by Saturday at 23:29, local time, I will be rolling into my beautiful state of North Carolinaaaaaaaaa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment