Friday, December 12, 2008

here's a "real" post

Okay, so apparently I am unaware of the definition of a "real" post. But I guess it does not include papers. At least that's what certain, more dedicated, bloggers tell me. Apparently that's a cop-out. I disagree, but let's just call it even (since it's my blog).

Christmas time is a funny time of year. We have about 2 weeks until the 25th, but I must admit...I don't feel like I'm very much in the Christmas mood. Maybe it's because I have a total of zero decorations up; maybe it's because it's middle of exams. Perhaps it is because it's 70 degrees out and sunny everyday. Oh, wait. That's in Florida, not Boone.
I mean, I've gotten most of my Christmas presents and what not, but there's something missing. So how can I conquer this dilemma? Let's brainstorm. I can go to Big Lots before work tomorrow and get icicle lights. That's festive. And I can leave them up all year for an extra touch to a boring apartment. Possibly a wreath, although that's pretty one-time-use (and, no, I won't be RE-decorating it for Easter, Mardi Gras, or Shavuot). Maybe I can fill a vase with some holly branches. Those are even free!
Any other free/long-lasting ideas?

1 comment:

Poverty Creek Farm said...

Shavuot?? For Real??

Decor--those glass block with lights in them. I used to keep mine out all year round in my bathroom. They make great "night lights"