As we enter the polling booths, fill the little bubbles with names beside them in, and make our voices be heard in how we believe the country should be run, people all over the USA, North America, the Western Hemisphere, and the WORLD sit down, turn their TVs and radios up and wait to see just how the people of America have decided to lead their country. I must say, America, I do approve the decision we have all made! (338-200 electoral votes)
It's amazing the feeling that comes with pride. Being 21, I've never really been old enough to understand what is going on in politics until about the time of the Clinton shenanigan. Since then, it has tended to be downhill. Consequently, I've always experienced this feeling of urgency, this feeling that if Americans don't do something rapid and dramatic our country and world will be irrevocably damaged. Tonight, this seemingly endless feeling was justified with such a GRAND and GREAT feeling of RELIEF.
When Barack Obama won tonight the presidency of the United States of America, I once again became proud to be americana. Once again proud to think of a future where I walk through the streets of Mexico, Spain, France, Argentina, or any country, for that matter, and where I hold my head high because I know that the policies of America are just and right with the world. I've walked through many a street in many a country and never have I felt honestly proud to be American. Tonight, I know that my future will be different.
The next four years are going to be full of trials and tribulations, but they will also be full of hope and deliverance, of results and hard work. The next four years are going to show an American public as satisfied with its president as we were with JFK. The next four years are going to show the world just how open minded and willing America is to progress and to develop sustainably. The next four years will show how we can cut the path for this future.
I'm looking forward to being represented by such a thoughtful and considerate man as Barack Obama. When I think of Obama on the stage in Chicago during his speech, his face serious and professional, his words true and clear, for the first time in my life I am really and truly proud to be an American. For the first time in my life I can truly say, I think that America is going to go somewhere positive here, and I can truly say, I think that we are going to be pioneers in demonstrating what is honestly right and good in the world.
Barack Obama has shown us what it is to be a decent and diligent American. We should all strive to match his standards. We should all strive to imitate him. We should all strive to be our best, and we should do it for us, for our children, for our world, and for our president.
Yes, we did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment