Friday, May 2, 2008

poco tiempo

Last night was the last night here for one of my friends. She’s leaving today. It made me realize how close we really are to another change. 17 short days have I left in Sevilla. 2 weeks and 3 days. And after? Another change. This is my life: changing. Wait, isn’t that a David Bowie song? I won’t lie, I’m excited! But… also nervous. I guess that comes with it though, right? Well, I’ve made it this far.

Man, I think I have changed so much in these past few months. The Spanish priorities just seem to make so much sense. What is important for them is not boring meetings where over-the-hill-aging and balding men drone on about last quarter’s returns, nor the higher paying, but higher stress job. What is important for these people is, well, people. It’s so much more important, if you see someone in the street, to stop and talk than to rush off to something lame and unexciting. They never stop talking, either. It doesn’t matter if they know what they’re talking about or not—as long as words are coming out of their mouths, they’re satisfied. I hope that when I get back to school, these things will also be more important to me. My friends, and my family are what are important. Getting my work done, too, but not in a manner that I am going to die from stress. That’s just no way to live your life. Right?

I do miss those mountains, though. And all that comes with them and with Boone and my school and friends and Hollis and my family and my home. It’s a different kind of miss, now, though. A few months ago it was: I wouldn’t mind to go home. Now, it’s a miss that I know I will soon fulfill, but at the same time, I’m trying to get all I possibly can from what is Sevilla. Life is a crazy thing, always keeping you on your toes. Maybe it’s because I’m a girl and my emotions change as often as a newborn’s diaper. But I think it’s normal :o).

God, how I dread leaving. There’s so much left here to see and do and get used to and laugh at and contemplate and love and grow to understand. 4 months is not enough time at all.

3 comments:

Poverty Creek Farm said...

LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

life is fantastic

Poverty Creek Farm said...

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blog again!!!!!